VEND PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective: October 6, 2022
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes information that Vend Park Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Vend”, “we”, “us” or “our”), collect, use, share, and store, including personal information (i.e., information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, vehicle information, phone number, or billing information or that is protected as personal information or data under applicable law).
This Privacy Statement applies to our website at www.vendpark.io and any other website on which it is posted (collectively, the “Sites”) and our automated parking and payment service, including any parking technology, customer-facing applications, mobile application associated business intelligence and dashboard SaaS products, and any other Vend product that we may offer users (collectively the “Services”).
Description of Services
The Vend Services allows users to reserve, access and pay for parking at certain locations (“Parking Locations”) owned or operated by third parties (“Parking Operators”). To provide the Services, it will be necessary to share certain information, including your personal information with Parking Operators. Their use of your personal information is subject to such privacy policies as they may have in place. Vend is not responsible for the privacy and security practices of Parking Operators.
Consent to data collection and processing. By using Sites and Services, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Consent to data export. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Vend or its service providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. If you are using Sites or Services in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other countries where Vend operates, which may offer less protection to your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence.
What personal information does the Vend Products collect?
The Sites and Services collect the following information directly from you or from third parties, such as the parking operators:
- Registration Data: Setup, account and on-boarding information you provide, or as provided by a third party, including but not limited to your name, email, password, home address, phone number, Wi-Fi and other information.
- Vehicle Information: Your vehicle color, make and model, vehicle identification number and license plate number. We also take a photo of your vehicle and license plate when you enter a Parking Location to verify that you have purchased and entitled to enter that Parking Location.
- Parking Information: The parking location and the date and time of entry and exit from the parking location at which you parked your vehicle.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our Services or your purchases. Examples of information collected include the type of Services requested or provided, the parking location, amount charged, and payment method.
- Payment Information: You are required to provide a valid electronic payment method and related information to be used for payment for parking using the Services. If you make a purchase, we work with third-party payment processors to collect and process your payment information.
How does my Vend account interact with third parties?
- We may offer users the ability to access the Services through a website or service offered by that party. This may include websites or services offered by Parking Operators or real estate owners. In such case, we may collect your credentials for such third party website or service to verify your identity to access the Services.
- If I connect third-party products and services to Vend, will information be shared? When you choose to connect third-party products and services to Vend, you are shown details about any proposed exchange(s) of data between Vend and the third party that is providing the product or service. In some cases, Vend or the third party will instead (or also) ask for permission to control the products that you have connected. Your explicit consent is required for requests for control and you will be able to revoke it at any time.
- Is information automatically shared with or received from third parties? Vend may use third parties to provide some Services on its behalf. For example, Vend may use third parties to host its websites, send you notifications, conduct surveys, or process transactions, among other services. . Vend may share information with third parties in order to deliver these services efficiently without any further notification to you.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Sites and Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Sites and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Sites. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Sites.
Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Sites or use the Services.
How does Vend use the information it collects?
We your information, including your personal information for the following purposes:
Provide Our Sites and Services
We use your information to communicate with you about your use of our Sites and Services, fulfill your orders and process transactions for parking, respond to your inquiries, and provide customer service.
Provide Personalized Services
We use your information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites and Services.
Improve and Develop Our Services
We use your information to (a) ensure our Sites and Services are working as intended; (b) operate our business; (b) better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, (c) develop, maintain, protect and improve our Services, and (d) perform research and analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Sites and Services.
Marketing and Promotions
We use your information for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
We may use your information to detect, investigate, and prevent activities on our Sites that may violate our Terms of Service, could be fraudulent, violate copyright, or other rules or that may be otherwise illegal, to comply with legal requirements, to defend or exercise legal claims, to respond to law enforcement or governmental investigations or requests, and to protect our rights and the rights and safety of our users and others.
In what circumstances does Vend share my information?
We do not share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation, enhancement, research, services and delivery of Vend Products and Services without asking you first, except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- With your explicit consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you request to transfer a parking reservation to another user.
- Parking Operators: We share your personal information with Parking Operators so that they can provide parking services to you and monitor use of their Parking Location.
- Real Estate Owners: We share your personal information with owners of the real estate on which the Parking Location is situated so that they can provide parking services to you and monitor use of their Parking location,
- For certain transactions: In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to commercial partners, insurers, financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction without further notice to you. Disclosures may occur on an ongoing basis pursuant to Vend's agreements with such commercial partners, insurers, financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services.
- Services Providers: We may use vendors, service providers, and technicians to help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
- As part of business transitions: Circumstances may arise where, for strategic or other business reasons, Vend decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses or commercial partnership. Such transactions may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of personal information from sellers. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of Vend’s assets. Upon the completion of such a transaction, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about mobility or consumer preferences. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand those trends and preferences as compared to others in the Vend community, raise awareness about safety or conservation issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share non-personal information with our partners, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services or other incentive programs. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
We generally retain your personal information as long as you have an account with us, and thereafter to comply with legal and accounting requirements or as long as may permitted by applicable law.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to third-party websites or services, including those of brands or manufacturers that often their products on our Sites (“Third-Party Services”). Any access to and use of such Third-Party Service is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for the information practices of such Third-Party Services.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should not share your account credentials with any third party. Please note that we are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information
You may request access, a copy, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting us at privacy@Vendpark.io. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that (a) we may refuse requests in our discretion if permitted by law; and (b) we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to a request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Sites for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
As noted above, we may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transaction-related e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Location of Information
Our Sites and Services are offered from the United States and is not intended for use outside the United States (we do not currently ship or fulfill orders outside the United States). We store any information we collect in the United States. If you access the Services or Sites from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence.
Children Under 13
Our Sites and Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Sites or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at privacy@Vendpark.io.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Sites. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Sites or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).
California Privacy Notice
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents who have provided personal information to Toward Store may obtain information regarding our disclosures, if any, of personal information to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes. Requests must be submitted to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. privacy@Vendpark.ioWithin 30 days of receiving such a request, we will provide a California Privacy Disclosure, which will include a list of certain categories of personal information disclosed during the preceding calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of the third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.